Sunday, March 21, 2010

RIBET #4 LAMARAN: TAMU pt. 2

To be frank, the post is only about T's invited friends from Singapore :)

Growing up in Singapore, it's only natural that T's best buddies come from the Lion city. Not that he doesn't have friends in Yakarta, but here, I don't know which people that are T's true blue. Most of his friends seems like just hangout buds, no more...

T tells me many stories about his best of friends back in Singapore: smart, funny boys who are very close to each other, and almost always there for him. My heart always got warm and fuzzy hearing those bromance stories, because I can feel the abundant memories of their friendship. Too bad T had to left them, and haven't got anything similar here in J-town ever since.

So for our engagement, an idea popped out, "Let's invite your Singapore friends."

Therefore, we started to send out electronic messages, asking T's group of boys to come. Frankly, I was only gambling that time, and believed that we only got 15% chance, as this is only an engagement, plus they're in Singapore. In this busy metropolitan life, who would have the time?

It turned out, all of them have the time. All of the invited are coming.

That is insane!

Seriously. I did not expect that at all. Some of our invited friends in Jakarta already give out excuses for not coming, but all of them T's boys from Singapore promptly RSVPed. To me, that's crazy. Crazily awesome :)

What's even more awesome is that T's biggest bromance, Chen, initially wasn't sure, because on our engagement weekend, his long-time girlfriend is having a birthday. Hmmm, serious issue here: girlfriend or best friend? He finally decided to bring his girlfriend along to Jakarta. Ya, envelope, pakcik!

So we started arranging things: we created a mailing list for us, plan an itinerary and discussed it back and forth, and T and I will also cater Chen's request for a nice resort; they're extending their stay to celebrate girlfriend's birthday here in Indonesia. Baik banget sih? I've promised Chen to spare some time from this crazy engagement preparation to personally handle that!

Yeah, we're excited *jiggy dance*

No comments: